Your feedback is invaluable to us!
It is common knowledge that a TSI (Turbine Supervisory Instrumentation) System and a SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) System should be part of any power plant. The GSI (Generator Supervisory Instrumentation) System is also becoming a standard when it comes to collecting information on the condition of a generator.
This is where VibroSystM’s ZOOM Software Suite comes in.
Connected to any of the above mentioned systems, the ZOOM Software focuses on the generator side of the power plant and provides its users with a clear, real-time picture on the condition of their assets in any operating mode. It is composed of various acquisition services that give users the possibility of monitoring vital parameters on their machines.
VibroSystM takes client feedback very seriously and continually searches for ways to make its monitoring solutions even better by listening closely to ZOOM system users in order to adapt these solutions to their specific requirements.
Proof of this are the new main features of ZOOM:
• Feature allowing the triggering of alarms using FFT’s for the monitoring of core end-winding & machine vibration
• ZOOM SM200: a new acquisition service for monitoring shaft current and voltage
• New graph display for the ThermaWatchRotor providing detailed pole temperature used to verify rotor thermal balance
• Static exciters noise rejection
• Partial discharge pattern recognition and theoretical associated faults
• Broken gear tooth parameter for gear-driven mills
• Configurable filters for maximum shaft displacement values (Smax)
Designed by a unique supplier, ZOOM is the only system available that can perform the following tasks:
• Detect abnormal rotor rim expansion, stator movement and distortion1
• Detect early stages of stator core and frame component loosening2
• Detect loose or defective wedging, end-winding support systems, and stator winding insulation problems
• Detect stator core delamination and overheating rotor poles
• Detect steel throat liner deformations and abnormal turbine unbalance
• Evaluate generator misalignment problems
• Evaluate rotor/stator stiffness
• Identify water flow anomalies
• Measure axial shaft movement
• Monitor thrust pads
• Prevent bearing anomalies and deterioration
• Detect rotor shorted turns
• Detect stator bar and end-winding deterioration
• Detect unwanted shaft currents
• Detect anomalies in switchgear and brushes
In addition to the most reliable equipment and first-rate services supplied by VibroSystM, ZOOM provides its users with the necessary tools to monitor the state of a machine, to detect any deterioration in condition and determine its cause, and to predict failures.
The result is the minimization of machine downtime and the maximization of profitability.