The Software Architect will implement a software solution and define the technical aspects required for the design of a new monitoring platform for high-power rotating machines.
Working with the R&D team, this person will be required to provide software architecture and a technical roadmap for the components that make up the core of the product.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide architectural and technical guidance;
- Elaborate the software segmentations of the project;
- Revise and/or advise on development standards;
- Advise, provide guidance and propose software solutions;
- Orient the evolution of the implemented solutions towards maintaining stability, robustness, and performance of the products;
- Take part in the elaboration of the software solution specifications within the scope of the specifications given by the system designers;
- Collaborate to the growth and development of the application architecture within all levels including front-end, middle-tier, back-end, services, integrations and API;
- Supervise the development team;
- Collaborate with the team to remove technical barriers and resolve issues or inconsistencies with regards to requirements or implementation;
- Provide assistance to other departments to support the product;
- Collaborate with the project stakeholders, through all stages of the software development, from design and planning, to development and testing, until the delivery;
- Document the work done during each stage of the design, according to the rules established by the department.
- University diploma in computer science or computer engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software solution architecture;
- Bilingualism (French and English) written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of application architecture models;
- Experience in software development;
- Excellent analytical mind and diligence;
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks;
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Experience in applications development in the industrial sector;
- Experience in acquisition and database systems;
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of electricity.