The Electronics Technician will work with the Hardware designers on products destined for the monitoring of highly powered, large rotating machines. Working within the R&D team, the person will be responsible for supporting the designers in the development and/or improvement of products by testing, debugging, and by documenting these in order to achieve high quality accomplishments.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the good working condition of the lab equipment and measuring devices;
- Proceed with the purchase of parts, equipment, and documentation required for the projects;
- Contribute to the documentation of the work done by the designers;
- Participate in the development and in the programming of tools permitting product validation;
- Support the designers in the analogous and digital circuit design activities
- Do the assembly, the tests and the debugging of analogous and digital circuits.
- Own a vocational studies diploma in Electronics;
- 2 years’ experience or more as an Electronics Technician;
- Bilingual (English and French), both orally and in writing;
- Knowledge of basic electronics concepts and methods of assembly and welding;
- Very good knowledge of measuring devices and their usage;
- Excellent rigor and capacity for synthesis;
- Autonomous while executing tasks;
- Good communication and team spirit.
- Knowledge on the Altium Designer software;
- Knowledge on the LabView programming software;
- Knowledge on the operation of turbines in hydroelectric and thermal centrals as well as the mills in mines.