The Application Developer will work with an Agile team on Web, mobile and desktop products for the monitoring of high-powered rotating machines. Working within the R&D team, the person hired will be responsible for developing new and/or improving existing applications by participating in the whole process activities for software development: estimates, programming, test, debugging and documentation.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop system specifications, modify, test, code and debug computer programs under general supervision, according to specific planning and deadlines;
- Participate in the discovery and evaluation of new technologies;
- Contribute and collaborate to the success of the team in an Agile context;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of tools and processes;
- Partake in peer reviews;
- Occasionally provide assistance to other departments to support the product;
- Document, according to the rules established by the department, the work done at each stage of the design.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 2 years or more of experience in application development;
- Very good knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (C ++, C # and/or Java);
- Knowledge of the Node.js platform as well as the React, Mocha, Jest and SuperAgent libraries;
- Experience in using JSON/RESTful services;
- Familiarity with the Git source code management system;
- Proficiency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Rigorous and excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to be autonomous in the accomplishment of tasks;
- Good communication skills and team spirit.
- Experience with Agile methodology;
- Familiarity with the template for the programming of user interface WPF;
- Experience with MongoDB;
- Interest in test-driven development (TDD);
- Having already published an application on Heroku, Apple Store or Google Play;
- Basic knowledge of electrical concepts.